Sales enablement refers to providing tools, guidance, and resources to make your sales reps more proficient. The best sales enablement software helps your team move sales opportunities forward more efficiently using automation, communications, content creation, and information sharing. As a result, your sales team can generate more leads, nurture them effectively, and close more sales.
After researching dozens of software options that improve sales team effectiveness and productivity, here are our top 14 recommendations for the best sales enablement software:
Sales Enablement Tools
Best comprehensive sales enablement customer relationship management (CRM) system
Free to $45 per month
Businesses that want artificial intelligence (AI) sales enablement tools in their CRM system
$12.50 to $24.90 per user, per month
Sales teams that want free video conferencing tools within their CRM
Free to $39 per month (up to five users)
Companies that want to build automated workflows and processes with applications they already use
Free to $19.99 per month
Sales reps that want to automate appointment scheduling
Free to $8 per user, per month
Teams that want to nurture leads through email automatically
Free to $9.99 per month
Business-to-business (B2B) organizations looking to quickly generate a high volume leads list
Free to $74 per month
Large sales teams that want to contact decision-makers directly
$79.99 to $108.33 per user, per month
Businesses looking to create a wide range of content and sales materials easily
Free to $12.99 per month (up to 5 people)
Sales teams looking for professional presentation tools to close more sales deals
Free to $8 per month
Sales managers who want to provide insights and training to improve team and rep performance
Large businesses looking for a centralized way to house and share procedures and best practices with internal users
Free to $10 per user, per month
Teams that need an easy-to-use video conferencing software to connect with leads
Free to $14.99 per license, per month
Sales teams that want a low-cost solution for acquiring contact signatures
Free to $15 per month
*Pricing is based on annual billing
Overall Best Sales Enablement CRMs
The following CRM software products stand out for their ability to put sales teams in an excellent position to create, collaborate on, and close sales opportunities. Having sales enablement tools within your CRM allows your team to reap all of the benefits of sales enablement software from a centralized platform.
One of the best ways to enable your sales team to close more deals is to give them lead nurturing tools that constantly gauge each lead’s interest in learning more about your product or service. This allows you to identify hot leads that are ready to convert and move leads through the sales funnel more efficiently.
HubSpot is a great option for this. It has built-in features for sending mass lead-nurturing emails on an automated basis and includes free sales email templates, email scheduling, and email tracking.
HubSpot makes it easy for your business to finalize deals with electronic signature-gathering capabilities and to collect payments through integration with Stripe. The CRM also allows your team to manage and monitor sales quotas, and automate tasks like email nurturing and lead conversation routing to move leads into deal-closing stages more quickly.
- Automated mass emailing with free templates and email tracking tools
- Tools for closing deals including e-signature and integration with Stripe to collect payments.
- Task queue feature which creates automated tasks each week for sales activity that needs to be completed, such as sending a follow-up email to a lead or creating a proposal for a prospect
Pipedrive’s CRM empowers teams to streamline sales processes with customizable opportunity management features, file attachment capabilities, and meeting scheduling tools, including video calls. Pipedrive also helps businesses close sales deals with built-in digital signature tools that also track whether a lead opened a document you sent.
Most of the sales enablement tools that use artificial intelligence or workflow automation to help push sales opportunities through the process are included in Pipedrive’s lower-tiered plans. AI and automation increase your team’s efficiency by putting certain tasks on autopilot and providing insights on where to focus their efforts.
Pro-tip: Workflow automation can improve nearly every aspect of your sales process.
- Smart docs feature allows users to send quotes, business proposals, and contracts through the CRM system
- Pipedrive’s AI Sales Assistant suggests how reps can improve and which deals to focus on next
- Smart contact data populates insights on your leads from data found online automatically
Bitrix24 provides your sales agents with tools for sending quotes and invoices and stores product catalogs within the CRM’s system. Bitrix24 users can also improve conversations with clients and colleagues through high-definition (HD) video conferencing for up to 48 attendees.
Bitrix24 improves the efficiency of your sales operation with a built-in automatic dialer to place calls in the CRM, the ability to convert a lead into a deal easily, and automatic detection of duplicate data. It also has an “autofocus” mode that sorts tasks and notifies sales reps about the most urgent ones that need to be completed.
- Built-in invoicing, quote proposal storage, and email tools
- HD video conferencing capabilities allow users to schedule and host meetings within the CRM
- Autofocus mode allows users to prioritize their sales tasks and receive notifications on urgent requests
Best Automation Sales Enablement Tools
Increase your team’s efficiency with tools that automate tasks within your company’s sales process. Examples include creating a contact record automatically in a database after an action trigger, such as filling out a webform, and then sending a marketing email automatically to the new lead. Instead of spending time on routine, repetitive tasks, your reps can focus on building relationships with prospects, putting them in a better position to close deals.
Zapier software allows you to integrate a huge range of sales and marketing applications, such as CRMs, social media accounts, collaboration tools, and project management software. You create automated workflows between integrated platforms called “Zaps.” It’s easy to use and works with thousands of popular software applications used by small businesses.
When creating a Zap, you design an automated workflow by establishing triggers and actions. For example, a Zap can be created that adds a new lead into your CRM automatically any time a form is submitted from a Facebook Ad.
Then, through another integration with Mailchimp, that lead will receive a series of emails automatically over time as a nurturing method. All of this is done on autopilot, allowing your sales team to focus on building rapport with leads and closing deals.
- Preset Zap integrations can be configured based on popular workflows easily
- Integrations with nearly all types of popular small business software including QuickBooks, PayPal, Facebook, Slack, Salesforce, HubSpot, and Google Workspace.
- No coding is required to create a Zap workflow
Finding the right time to connect with a prospect can be one of the biggest challenges of moving a prospect through the sales process or generating a new lead. It may take a lot of time and time-consuming back and forth emails to finally get an appointment set. Calendly’s automated scheduling tool eliminates this problem.
With Calendly, sales reps configure rules regarding availability and connect the tool to their calendar. They then choose which channels of communication can be used, and how far apart each appointment should be. Next, they send prospects a link to their scheduling portal to select a meeting time. Once set, the new event syncs to both the agent’s and prospect’s calendar.
- Easy-to-use scheduling portal where users can select an open time and the preferred channel of communication
- Events scheduled on Calendly auto-sync with each recipients’ calendar applications
- Integrates with popular sales management tools like HubSpot, Zoom, Slack, Salesforce, and Zapier.
- Ability to create a team calendar and use round-robin scheduling to distribute leads to different sales reps
Mailchimp is a robust email marketing platform. Its tools allow businesses to send mass emails, post social media content, or create ads on Google, Facebook, and Instagram automatically. These features continuously generate and then nurture leads throughout the sales cycle so reps can focus on engaging the opportunities that are most likely (or ready) to convert.
Within the platform, users can create mass email campaigns and automate their deployment based on a customer’s behavior, such as if they sign up for company updates or have already purchased from your business. You can also manage social media ads to have them target and retarget customers automatically after they’ve left your site on Facebook or Instagram.
- Automated email deployment based on behavioral and interaction triggers
- Automatic tagging based on a lead’s behavior, interactions, and interests to organize leads, and deploy targeted campaigns using tags
- Built-in AI-powered Creative Assistant to help you design email campaigns
Best Lead Generation Sales Enablement Tools
One of the most invaluable sales enablement resources you can provide is to give your sales team high-quality leads to pursue. By using tools to generate leads, your sales reps can instead spend their time building lead-nurturing relationships, qualifying leads to identify top prospects, and closing these deals.
UpLead is a B2B data platform for purchasing the contact information of leads you want to target, including details like the lead’s name, company, title, phone number, and email address. In addition to filtering data and purchasing lists, leads can be generated through UpLead’s Chrome extension which pulls lead information by visiting their LinkedIn profile or from another supported website.
Filtering data and generating a list of potential leads for your sales teams to pursue saves the time needed to research and enter lead information into your database. The lead data can be downloaded as a CSV file or imported into supported CRM systems, such as HubSpot, Salesforce, and Pipedrive, as well as email marketing platforms that allow the use of purchased lists.
- Mass data filtering based on a lead’s industry, geographic location, job title, and company size
- Technographic feature pulls data about current technology and software products a specific company is using
- Integrates with popular CRMs so users can import leads into their database
8. LinkedIn Sales Navigator
LinkedIn Navigator is a tool LinkedIn users can use to generate and communicate with leads. As a sales enablement tool, it aids in the process of bypassing gatekeepers and reaching a decision-maker. Users can filter and search for LinkedIn profiles based on things like industry, company size, seniority level, and job title.
Once leads are found, contact them directly using InMail messaging on LinkedIn, connect with their profile, or engage with their content by liking or commenting on a post. All of these features save valuable time making calls or sending emails trying to find the best person in an organization to speak to about your company’s products or services.
- Lead searching tools identify leads suitable for your business based on industry, job position, job titles, or company size
- Direct messaging with leads using InMail
- Unlimited lead searches and insights on people who have viewed your profile
Best Content Creation Sales Enablement Tools
During the sales process, content is often used to present information or educate a prospect on your business’ product or service offerings. The content creation sales enablement tools below make it easier to generate visuals your team can use throughout the selling process.
Canva is a graphic design tool with thousands of templates. Users can quickly create professional-looking content for social media posts, presentations, letters, direct mailers, brochures, and many other types of sales and marketing materials. Plus, multiple designs can be created easily with brand kits that apply your brand logo and color schemes.
Using Canva enables your sales team to communicate with their leads more effectively through text and image-based content without spending too much time or needing to use a graphic designer to develop them. The premade designs and real-time collaboration capabilities help you get high-quality sales materials created quickly.
- Prebuilt templates for creating sales presentations, content posts, and marketing materials
- Thousands of free photos and graphics that can be incorporated into your designs
- Magic Resize feature allows you to custom fit a design into any size you need instantly
Slidebean is an excellent content creation tool for sales teams that want to make pitch decks or presentations. Users have access to media galleries and professional-looking templates for designing, collaborating on, and sharing presentations.
Slidebean allows sales reps to be fully prepared for a formal sales pitch with easy-to-use design tools and a wide range of premade templates. When teams can focus more on the information they want to present and their salesmanship without stressing about a pitch deck’s design, they’re put in a position to close more deals.
- Predesigned templates within the platform
- Analytics tools to track presentation metrics, such as when audiences view the presentation and which slides were most viewed
- Collaboration capabilities for presentation sharing and multiple team members to work on presentation designs together.
Best Sales Enablement Tools for Collaboration
A critical part of sales enablement is providing guidance and resources when your sales team or individual agents need help. These sales enablement tools give reps access to education, advice, procedures, and other company information that can be used to increase sales performance and standardize sales practices.
Showpad is both a sales materials storage tool for collaboration and a mechanism for sales coaching and training. Its content library and coaching tools give reps valuable insights and access to your company’s sales practices.
For example, sales managers assign courses and learning experiences to reps through a dashboard using Showpad. They can then use the dashboard to monitor the progress of training experiences and whether training was effective through quizzes, tests, and surveys.
Showpad’s sales content library and coaching tools make it easy to ensure sales teams are properly onboarded. The platform allows managers to streamline their training process by using AI to assign and track courses and assignments that need to be completed by each rep based on data that creates suggested learning paths for each employee.
Showpad’s Coach feature also helps sales teams with constantly improving their methods and understanding of sales without taking too much time away from their activity. Sales managers can launch quizzes, tests, or surveys with the touch of a button. This allows them to quickly test reps’ skills and gain insights on issues that need to be corrected before they become a problem.
- AI-driven dashboard gives sales reps assignments through courses and electives that fulfill learning paths
- Built-in sales gamification tools to create competitions on knowledge and competition of assignments while presenting leaderboards
- Integrates with file-sharing platforms like Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive as well as CRMs like Salesforce to share sales content with teams
Guru is a knowledge management platform. Businesses use it to create “Boards” or “Cards” with topic-specific information and share them from the system’s activity dashboard, platforms like Slack, and even in Google apps using a Chrome extension. Company procedures, job descriptions, product or service info, templates, organizational practices, sales guides, and more can all be accessed by your company’s internal users from one reliable location.
By centralizing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and best practices for managing sales activities, sales reps are empowered to pursue sales activities like placing calls or sending emails more efficiently. The analytics features of Guru can also be used to see how much accurate information is available and whether there is duplicate information.
- Chrome extension allows users to access company information without leaving the webpage or window
- Integration with Slack allows company information to be communicated and accessed through the Slack messaging platform
- Analytics tools that show metrics about where employees are seeking help
Best Sales Enablement Tool for Communication
Communication software allows businesses to be more effective in closing sales deals by offering methods and channels to engage with leads. Sales enablement communication tools make it easy to personalize a customer’s experience at any point in the sales journey and quickly assist them as needed.
Zoom is a universally popular video conferencing software platform that makes it easy to create and host video meetings. Within these video calls, attendees can engage in screen sharing, private chats, group chats, and even social media live streaming. Depending on the plan you choose, Zoom allows you to host from 100 to 500 participants in video calls ranging from 40 minutes on the free plan to 30 hours beginning with the first paid plan.
In this new age of virtual workplaces, many sales calls are being done over video conferencing as opposed to in-person. Video calls are also superior to telephone calls since they make it easier for participants to receive and analyze visual cues and nonverbal communication. Zoom enables sales reps to schedule meetings with prospects easily for a more personalized, face-to-face sales experience.
- Recording capabilities to record and download meeting videos after calls are finished
- Social media live streaming features while in a video meeting
- Video screen sharing allows users to share their screens with other participants
Best Contract Management Sales Enablement Tool
Acquiring a signature on a contract or quote proposal is one of the last steps in closing a sales deal and can often be a long endeavor. Contract management and signature tools allow you to send contracts out to all parties involved easily and obtain legally binding digital signatures to finalize a sale.
HelloSign is an e-signature platform. Users can create and upload documents, such as PDFs, Google Documents, or Word Documents, with fields for required signatures. Once uploaded, users can send a link to anyone who needs to read or sign the document through email, direct message, or file-sharing tools.
Digital document signing tools make it as easy as possible for sales reps to get that final signature from a prospect to close a deal and turn them into a new customer. HelloSign is easy-to-use and cost-effective for sales teams looking to streamline this step of the sales process.
- Document sharing through email with signature requests on customizable fields
- Ability to send reminders and notifications of outstanding contracts, proposals, or other documents that need to be signed
- Integrations for document management and signature deployment through popular tools like Slack, HubSpot, Salesforce, and Dropbox.
Pro tip: For more insights on setting your team up for success, check out our ultimate guide to sales management to learn more about building, onboarding, training, developing, and managing a high-performing sales team.
How We Evaluated the Best Sales Enablement Software
We considered a variety of factors that make sales enablement software useful for sales teams, including how the tool helps move the sales process forward or eliminates redundant steps. We also evaluated factors like pricing, ease of use, and whether integrations are available to streamline the sales process.
A few key factors we considered included:
- Price and affordability
- Ease of use
- Customer support
- Overall features and functionality
Without the best sales enablement software, your team may lack the information and sales materials needed to do their jobs most effectively and could be wasting time manually performing tasks that can be automated easily. Give your team access to tools that can help your business outpace the competition and grow by streamlining the sales process from lead generation to closing deals.